Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Why is it that when nothing interesting is happening in my life I feel the need to plaster it up on these notes, but when I've got tons of interesting stuff to write about I can find the energy to think about what I'm going to write... And why did I ask that question? Because the answer is fucking obvious. When I'm doing interesting stuff it means I feel no desire to waste my life writing about it on here. Job done, mystery solved, case closed. Anyway, I do feel some guilt for not writing about my holidays at all but I also feel that guilt is good for the soul (that's a lie) so I'm not going to bother here. Maybe when I'm back up in Edinburgh. Who knows. So instead I'm going to waste your time with this terrifically (i can't spell) shit questionairre.

Actually, before I do that I just want to make a quick note on my spelling. I find myself getting more dyslexic as I grow older. Is this normal? I used to be able to spell any word you cared to mention but during a hideously embarrassing couple of rounds of cranium over Christmas I cocked up every word.... Ar, fukkit. I'm like Shakespeare in that respect, a pioneer of a new English language. Join me or die trying to buy your bread! Hahaha!

Right, stupid quiz time:


1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
failed! first time i've ever cocked up an exam bad enough to have to do it again. in fact it was a summer of bad luck... which is catalogued elsewhere in my notes so i won't bore you with it here. still, fucked up summer. loved it though.

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i never make resolutions. come on, i'm waaaaay to lazy. and off the cuff. yeah....

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
yes, it was the most disgusting bus ride i've ever been on. i've half a mind to write to red ken himself.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
surprisingly not, those insane old grannies are hanging on to the last few years of their life with a tenacity that would impress a pit bull. actually, i can't say that can i?

5. What countries did you visit?
scotland. which isn't a country but still. and spain, which was lovely. aaaand.... france. just to stir things up a bit.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
electronic equipment that doesn't die on me every 2 fucking weeks. and less of an attachment to material things. wait... i can't have lacked that in 2006, otherwise i'd be pretty goddam zen... hmmm....

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
errr... kids, this is why you don't do drugs. but everything that i can remember lasts for about 24hours of memory and it was all kick ass, so that i guess.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
getting written about in the national press. that was about it.

9. What was your biggest failure?
failing exams. failing to remember my passport was in edinburgh (sorry lucy!). failing to put down the beer, the cigarette and the joint for just 5 fucking minutes. failing to improve as a photographer. failing to do anything at the fringe. failing to keep my flat clean. failing to keep my eczema under control. the great thing is that i write all the with a smile on my face. wait, maybe that's why i'm failing... fukkit. ooh, i did manage to get a steady job, does that count against? sure it does. ooh yeah.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
apart from the usual leprosy everything ticked over nicely. good job body!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
a bike. hee hee. i love my bike. and a chocolate fountain for lucy for christmas. hee hee. i love my lucy. more than the bike of course.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
everyone was fuckin-eh. beautiful people doing beautiful things as always.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
ed kozak of course, but i love him all the more for it.

14. Where did most of your money go?
beer, cigarettes and weed. in fact, not most: all. apart from the 360, but that was a gift from me to me. that's allowed.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
what don't i get excited about? from the top... my birthday, bald soprano, roz and guil, me and lucy making 2 years, the summer in all its summery goodness, barcelona, henley, cycling down the thames with my bros and sisters, the fringe, going into second year, life and times, britannicus, lime tree bower, christmas, lucy's birthday. it was all gold!

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
anything by mark lanegan. he was the best thing musically in 2006 by so far it's not even funny. well, it is because most of the stuff of his i was listening to was over 10 years old, but still.... oh, and anything from into the arms of god, wolfmother and of course THE FIREFLY THEME TUNE. best. song. ever.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or Sadder? same as always. foolishly optimistic.
Thinner or Fatter? same as last year, but that's only because i've gorged myself on christmas food. certainly fatter than any other time of the year.
Richer or Poorer? err... richer i think. i seem to remember this time last year being in severe debt. like this year, but worse.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
going out and seeing people and making the most of enjoying time with my uni mates.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
everything that stopped me doing the above.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
at home with rentals and bros and sisters and crazy old grans. eating and drinking heroic amounts..

21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
crying into a whisky bottle if i'm any judge. but surrounded by friends of course.

22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
i stayed in love, which is the important thing.

23. How many one-night stands?
zero. unless you count date-raping lucy as a one night-stand. i'm very sorry, that's incredibly inappropriate. and no, i didn't. often.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
FIREFLY!!!!! why?! why did you leave us? damn you fox network, from now on your name shall forever be a curse and blemish on the world of great tv.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
ooh yeah, my hate list has increaed 10-fold. are you on it? who knows... watch this space. bwuhahahaha.

26. What was the best book you read?
well... you may not think it counts (whoever the hell you are, in my tired lemsip addled mind) but i discovered the majesty of comics this year and of those 300 was perhaps the most superb.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
the melvins or wolfmother. i'd probably have to go for melvins, as much as wolfmother rock the melvins are one hell of a talented band.

28. What did you want and get?
parts in plays, some nice photos, a job, and lucy constantly with me and loving me.

29. What did you want and not get?
a chewbacca costume.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
SERENITY!!!! yeah, it came out last year, so what? it came out on dvd this year so fuck you and your anal approach to film loving. you heard me. seriously though, serenity. ooh yeah.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i turned 20. i left my teenage years behind. so we went to a mexican restaurant and wore big sombreros. and then watched men being auctioned off in a club. you know, the kind of thing mature people do.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
a chewbacca costume.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
i'd like to use a quote from ms. sukan here if i may. *ahem* me: 'i just pretty much put on anything i can find in the morning when i get dressed'
idil 'yes, you can tell.'

34. What kept you sane?
lucy, friends, blah blah blah. while this may all be true, i think a strong coating of beer around my brain helped considerably.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
chewbacca's wife.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
everything and nothing.

37. Who did you miss?
anyone i know who may have died or left the country. you selfish bastards. actually, a special mention to pete for running off to live the l.a. dream. i miss youuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. Who was the best new person you met?
that junkie who lives in the stairwell that has a cap saying 'pobody's nerfect'. genius!!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
don't expect a heartfelt, emotional letter to george lucas to fulfil your fantasies.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
'i'm burning in brightest hell, here comes that weird chill' - mark lanegan.

There, I did it. Was actually quite draining.... right, off to bed, or something similar anyway.

No comments: